DARe (Darussalam Enterprise) is a Statutory Body that aims to nurture and support local enterprises from start-up to growth. DARe works closely with government and non-government agencies locally and abroad to foster the growth of business enterprises. Through DARe, a common and unified approach is taken to direct, support and encourage growth of local enterprises under a single body represented and driven by the private sector. We are seeking highly motivated, proactive and qualified individuals to join our team.
Applications are invited for the following position:
1. Head, Legal – 1 Position
Role holder will involve in developing and leading a section in DARe, providing legal advice in areas of Employment Law, Procurement, or Commercial Affairs both in Brunei Darussalam and abroad. The role holder will also be involved in complex or unusual issues where precedents are unclear or complex.
· LLM and/or LLB in International Business Law and/or related discipline.
· The role holder will be a qualified lawyer with at least 10 years' post qualification years' experience.
· Excellent knowledge and understanding in all areas of Legal Affairs (Employment Law, Investment Law, Tax Law, Procurement or Commercial Affairs) in Brunei and abroad.
· Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies.
· High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
· Sound judgment and ability to analyse situations and information.
· Outstanding communication skills and influencing skills combined with demonstrated problem-solving ability.
· Strong organizational and execution skills and ability to deliver under tight deadlines and manage competing priorities.
2. Head, Corporate Services – 1 Position
Role holder will involve in developing an integrated lead function that supports DARe with key capabilities required from a strategic and operational perspective. To take lead of the Administration and Corporate Affairs function at Executive ManagementforHuman Resources, Finance, Administration and Information System Support.
· Minimum 10 years of strong operational experience post-graduation.
· Ability to demonstrate strategic decision making.
· Advanced organizational leadership and communication skills.
· Highly motivated, dynamic, professional and committed
· Able to work and handle pressure in fast-paced environment.
· Result and customer oriented with multi-tasking capabilities.
3. Executive Officer, Industry Business Academy (IBA) - 1 Position
Role holder will be able to conduct and deliver effective training to all businesses and entrepreneurs in Brunei Darussalam and to work towards achieving IBA objectives.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Able to teach and provide training for certain identified topics (training would be provided on the topics if required).
· Facilitate trainers during classes or workshops under IBA.
· To conduct classes or workshops effectively for IBA participants that are both beneficial and impactful.
· Maintain IBA information and database to generate reports on feedback and data.
· Assist in building and maintaining a network of stakeholders and training service providers in order to continuously source for effective training courses or workshops.
· Promote IBA to all businesses and entrepreneurs in future events.
· Degree level or higher, preferably in Teaching, Communications or Marketing from a reputable institution.
· Minimum 3 years' experience of Teaching, Mentoring, and/or Training.
· Good communication skills, must be able to present and communicate information effectively to target audience.
· Enthusiastic in learning new things and dependable to conduct own research.
· Creative in providing innovative solutions and ideas on implementation.
· Good organizational, resource-management, and time-management skills required.
· Able to work well with others.
· Must have a driver's license and own transportation.
· Experience or interned with a start-up or mentored with an entrepreneur, or was involved in an innovative driven activity/club/event/initiative/programs.
Eg. Startup Weekend or IBTE Youth Enterprise Service Centre would be an added advantage.
Application is only open to Citizens and Permanent Residents of Brunei Darussalam. To apply, please submit the DARe Application Form with your detailed resume and recent photo, to email@example.com. The closing date is 11thMay 2018. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.